You will need a large fall leaf for this project.
- Glue two “wiggle” eyes on the leaf.
- Then tape or glue a large craft stick on the back for a handle.
- Make one for you and one for your child.
- Have a conversation between your two puppets.
- Go outside and find four leaves from three different kinds of trees and bring them inside.
- Mix up the leaves.
- Sit with your child and discuss the different shapes of the leaves.
- Have your child make three piles, placing like leaves in each pile.
FALL LEAF WREATH
- Take a paper plate and cut out the center, leaving a ring of paper.
- Show your toddler how to brush glue onto the paper ring.
- Then have her place fall leaves all around the ring.
- Hang the wreath up on your front door or somewhere else in your home.
PAINTED FALL LEAF
- Set out some newspaper and lay a large fall leaf on the paper.
- Give your child some paint and have him paint across the leaf, covering it completely.
- Gently pick up the leaf and place it paint side down on a clean piece of copy paper.
- Place another piece of copy paper on top and have your toddler press down on the surface of the paper.
- Then remove the top paper and the leaf, to reveal a painted fall leaf.
- Go outside on a windy day and stand with your child under a tree with leaves.
- Show your child how to catch the leaves as they fall down from the tree.
- Count the leaves as your child catches them.