Here are a few ideas to incorporate number concepts into a neighborhood walk.
- Look for specific numbers on houses or mailboxes.
- Say hello to three neighbors. Or estimate, then count the people you meet.
- Look for two blue cars.
- Count cracks in the sidewalk.
- Say numbers on houses or mailboxes.
- Make up cards of nature things to look for in your area. Such as three leaves.
- Count the cars in each driveway.
- Look for bus numbers.
- Say the numbers on license plates. Or look for a special number.
- Count windows on the front of houses.
- Count the number of stairs on the front porch of each house.
- Which house has the most flowers, cars, etc.? Which house has the least?
- Which house is the smallest on the block (or between two houses)? Which house is the biggest?
- Sing number songs while walking along.