YOGURT POPSICLES # 1
- 1 carton plain yogurt
- 1 can (6 oz.) concentrated fruit juice
- Dash of honey or vanilla if desired.
Blend together and place into small 3 oz. paper cups.
Place in freezer.
Stick a small plastic spoon into each cup when partially frozen.
- Fill an ice cube tray with lemonade, orange juice or other fruit juice.
- Place in freezer.
- Put small coffee stirrers in each cube when half frozen.
- Continue freezing.
FROZEN PEACH YOGURT
- 1 (16 OZ.) can unsweetened sliced peaches, drained.
- 1 cup plain yogurt.
Place the peach slices on a cookie sheet in a single layer.
Freeze until hard (about two hours).
Blend frozen peach slices and yogurt until smooth.
Place in small bowls and serve at once.
Makes four small servings.
- Make a package of instant chocolate pudding using ½ skim milk and ½ water for the liquid.
- Pour into small plastic or paper cups.
- Freeze slightly then insert a clean popsicle stick as a handle.
- Continue freezing overnight.
- Peel off paper cups and serve for snack the next day.
- Use any fruit juice you prefer.
- Pour it into small paper drink cups.
- Partially freeze the juice, then place a popsicle stick into each cup.
- Freeze overnight.
- Remove paper from popsicle before giving it to your child.
Blend together in a blender
- 1 cup seedless watermelon
- 1 cup unsweetened orange juice
- 1 cup water
Pour into small paper cups.
Place in freezer, remove when partially frozen.
Place popsicle sticks or small plastic spoons into each cup.
Continue freezing overnight.
Tip: To remove paper from cups hold them under hot water for a moment
To loosen paper, then pull out.
FROZEN ICE CREAM TREATS
- Toast two frozen waffles.
- Let cool
- Top one with ice cream.
- Then use the other waffle on top.
- Place waffle treat back in the freezer.
- Take out on a hot day for an ice cream treat.
Tip: You may want to cut them in half for small children.