- Set out a pile of mixed colored chips.
- Have your child sort the chips into piles according to color.
- Set out a small basket.
- Give your child five chips and have him attempt to toss them into the basket.
You will need a coffee can with a plastic top for this game.
- Cut a slit in the plastic top that a poker chip will fit into.
- Give the coffee can bank, plus a pile of chips to your child.
- Have her drop chips in one at a time through the cans slit.
- Give your child ten chips.
- Have him place the chips in one long line.
MUFFIN TIN GAME
- Set out a muffin tin and have your child place a chip in each cup.
- Eventually, ask your child to place two chips in each muffin cup.
- Using poker chips set out a single line of chips, such as, two red, two white.
- Set out some chips and have your child repeat your line by placing the same identical chips under each one of yours.
- Repeat this game, each time making your line a little more complicated.