- Invite your children to bring in different kinds of fresh vegetables, such as, carrots, potatoes, onions, zucchini, tomatoes, and celery (or provide the vegetables yourself.
- Set out pans of water, scrubbers or vegetable brushes and metal spoons.
- Have your children wash and scrub the vegetables.
- Have the children give the vegetables to you to chop.
- Have the children place the chopped vegetable into a soup pot.
- Add water and beef broth and cook up some homemade vegetable soup.
- Serve for snack or lunch.
- Set out some lemons and show your children how to roll them on the table (this helps to release their juice).
- Next, slice the lemons in half and let your children squeeze the juice out.
- Or you could set out juicers, and let your children squeeze out the juice of the lemons by twisting the lemons on a juicer.
- Have children pour the lemon juice into a pitcher.
- Next, set out sugar and water for your children to add to the lemon juice.
- Finally, let your children take turns stirring the lemonade.
- Add some ice and pour the juice into individual cups for everyone to share.
TRAIL MIX BAGS
- Set out a bowl of small pretzels, a bowl of cereal, a bowl of raisins, a bowl of peanuts (if no none is allergic), a bowl of m & m’s.
- Place a soup spoon in each bowl.
- Choose a child to be the pretzel scooper.
- Hold out opened snack zip-lock bags and have the child place a scoop of pretzels into each bag.
- Next, choose a cereal scooper.
- Again hold each bag open for the scooper to scoop a portion of cereal in.
- Continue until all children have had a turn scooping and helping to fill the bags.
- Zip up all the bags and give one to each child as a snack.